tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat + Multiple Request
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:29:08 GMT
> From: RODRIGUES DE ALMEIDA Thiago [mailto:TALMEIDA@brainsoft.fr]
> I've read that Http specification preconizes the use of 2/4 multiple
> requests for the same session id/ browser. Is this correct ?

Yes.  For example Internet Explorer never issues more than two requests
to the same server.  You cannot change this.

> I'm not sure if i can let this multiple request happens,
> knowing that it
> might impact the way browser manages the request/response...

Change your script to wait for one pop-up to finish loading before
opening the next one?

> Is there any configuration to be done in terms of Tomcat ?

Profile your application, server, and database server if required.  What
resource are you runnung out of?  CPU? RAM? Disk I/O? Network bandwidth?
Database locks?

		- Peter