tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Wannamaker <Mike.Wannama...@KINGSTON.Hummingbird.com>
Subject RE: Installing My Own DirContext
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:48:40 GMT
I'm not sure I understand.  That shows installed applications?

What I want is through some config settings install my own DirContext.class
so that when the web app is trying to get resources like pages, it'll use my
DirContext to try to find them.  This way I can have some common files
located outside each web application and not have to have them installed
within the web app itself.

IE:  My DirContext will provide aliasing so that I can do this Alias
"login=c:\tomcat\webres\login"  so that a request to something like
http://myapp/mycontext/login/login.jsp will be given to my DirContext class
and I'll look for c:\tomcat\webres\login\login.jsp and return it if found.

Mike Wannamaker
Senior Software Developer
Hummingbird Ltd.
552 Princess St, Kingston, ON, K7L 1C7
Tel: (613) 548-4355 x4535
Fax (613) 548-7801
E-Mail: Mike Wannamaker

www.hummingbird.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication is privileged and contains confidential
information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized
disclosure, copying or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and