tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Warren" <war...@clarksnutrition.com>
Subject Tomcat running as service on XP? Runtime.getRuntime().exec(commandLine)
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:16:39 GMT
I have Tomcat 5.5 installed on a Windows XP machine. I am running an app
that uses MS Access to print reports via:

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(commandLine);

So far this combination has been very reliable when running Tomcat under the
current logged in user. But when I run Tomcat as a service, which is what I
would prefer to do, Access does not run at all and I do not get any
exceptions from my app. I have a feeling it has something to do with
Windows/services permissions or group policies, but I have not gotten very
far with that.

If this is more a Windows question, please point me to a newsgroup where I
can get an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren Bell