tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "tom ot" <to_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: what happens with the content.xml file
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:41:16 GMT
Hi everyone,
I'm still not happy with the answer's I got...is there noone who can tell me
how to get a different war-file name and url-path. Pid said that someone
more knowledgeable should be able to help...but there were no answers yet.

so please help me to get the following done:

WAR-FILE: probe_1.5.0.3.war
the second one is my favorite!

My Tomcat 5.5.17 is still configured as default...please help!

Or do I have to post such a question to the development mailinglist?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
Tom

>From: "tom ot" <to_m_ot@hotmail.com>
>To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>Subject: RE: what happens with the content.xml file
>Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:26:24 +0200
>
>Hi,
>I simply try to match two threads...please help to discuss the problem how
>the Tomcat 5.5.17 handels the path attribut in the context.xml File in this
>thread...the otherone is named: "deployment to <filename>.war not
>context.xml value". This one is the olderone with already some inputs for
>workaround.
>
>Thanks an kind regards
>Tom
>

>>From: David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu>
>>To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>>Subject: Re: what happens with the content.xml file
>>Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:00:59 -0400
>>
>>I'm not going to claim agreement with the developers on the behavior of
>>the deploy path.  I will say you could put version info into a
>><display-name> element of the WEB-INF/web.xml file if that's you're goal
>>and it'll show up in the manager webapp without butchering your url.
>>
>>--David
>>
>>tom ot wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Pid,
>>>thanks again for your answer. I'm not sure, but is the way I'd like to
>>>deploy my .war files so abnormal? :-) or how do you all know what version
>>>of an application actually is deployed?
>>>
>>>Btw, I'm not sure but was that in Tomcat 5.0 different, because I asked a
>>>kollegue of mine if he has an idea how to do that and he deployed it on
>>>Tomcat 5.0 and it worked.
>>>
>>>And another 2 questions: what do you mean by symlinks/url?
>>>And how can I get in contact to "someone more knowledgable"? ;-)
>>>
>>>Thanks again.
>>>Tom

is