tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PS Old Gen filling up...
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:10:04 GMT
Did'nt mean to give a version specific answer-
Thanks for the clarification,

M-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edmon Begoli" <ebegoli@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: PS Old Gen filling up...

> Martin,
>
> I think Dibm.dg.trc.print are ibm specific settings.
>
> Since he is running 1.5.0_07 he can probably look at it in the real time using
> jstat and jmap without adding any extra params to the JVM startup.
>
> e.g. on Linux:
>
> jmap -heap `pgrep java'
>
> jstat -gcutil (or some other option) `pgrep java'
>
> On Windows he will need to run jps to get the process id of the running JVM.
>

> On 7/12/06, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Darren/Edmon-
>> Can you turn on trace facilities for GC in the jvm.cfg?
>> e.g.
>>       1.3.1 1.4.1
>>       -Xtgc2 -Dibm.dg.trc.print=st_verify
>>       -Xtgc34 -Dibm.dg.trc.print=st_compact_verbose,st_verify
>>
>> More info avilable at
>> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.support.was40.doc/html/Java_SDK/swg21162875.html
>>
>> Martin--
>> This email message and any files transmitted with it contain confidential
>> information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email message is
>> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please notify
>> the sender immediately by telephone or email and destroy the original
>> message without making a copy.  Thank you.

which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message.