tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject Re: Intermediate write in JSP
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:05:56 GMT
I agree with Nikola-

I would run an execution plan on the query in question ..and do so locally (vs a DB 500 miles
specifically note the access (do you see any FTS?) and time deltas (more than 30 sec to see
results merits tuning(
-the attenuated time delta and
-faster access via hinted HASH/NL Joins etc..

Martin --

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nikola Milutinovic" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:01 AM
Subject: Re: Intermediate write in JSP

>> I had a similar issue in the past that I overcome by having the servlet
>> start a separate thread that was producing the report,
>> And a jsp page refreshing every 10 seconds or so checking for completion.
> That is, of course, the asynchronous application design. Sometimes it is necessary, but
it does bring a question. What is being so slow? Sending the amount of data you're sending
is not slower than it can be. My guess is that DB is taking a rather long time to complete
the query. I would not blame the network, because the Net connection between DB and TC should
be at least as fast as the one between TC and your client.