tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: war file deployment on openvms
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:01:03 GMT
Dave--

There are 2 things Ive noted when porting 1 system to another
-Case sensitivity matters /Foo/Bar is not /foo/bar
-Permissions can stop processing in an instant without a thought or care..make sure default
user account 'nobody' has access to the folders
If user account 'nobody' doesnt have access to folder $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/YourWebApp/WEB-INF/classes
you'll have to login
with user that has sufficient privs to create those folders

HTH,
Martin --

----- Original Message -----
From: <david_x_miller@standardlifehealthcare.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 4:13 AM
Subject: war file deployment on openvms

> I have developed a web application in Rational
> Application developer on
> Windows XP.
> From this I have created a war file.
>
> I have copied the war to an alpha running openVMS, put it
> in the webapps
> directory, changed the record attributes as required
> (stream_lf), and
> started tomcat.
>

> The application has seemed to deploy OK, but when I try
> to access it
> through IE i get a 502 error. However, I use essentially
> the same
> address as I use to test locally - obviously the actual
> ip address is
> different, but the application/servlet name bit is the
> same.
>

> While trying to work out what is going wrong, I noticed
> that the
> servlet I am trying to access, instead of being put at
> the bottom of a
> directory path that reflects the package name, is simply
> being put into
> the classes directory, which seems wrong to me.
>

> I intend to try manually creating the directory path and
> moving the
> servlet there, but in the meantime, if anyone has
> encountered this sort of problem before, I would
> appreciate any light you can shed on the cause/solution.
>

> I checked the conents of the war file and the servlet
> does have the
> correct path.
>

> CSWS tomcat v 4.1.24 java 1.3.1

> For more information on Standard Life Healthcare, visit our website www.standardlifehealthcare.co.uk
>
> Standard Life Healthcare, registered in England (02123483), Marshall Point, 4 Richmond
Gardens, Bournemouth BH1 1JD, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
01202 292464. Calls may be recorded/monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee
only. If received in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not responsible for any damage
caused by a virus or alteration by a third party after it is sent.