tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Geir Øvsttun (AS/ETO) <geir.ovst...@ericsson.com>
Subject Removal of headers in HttpServletResponse object
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:09:08 GMT
Hi ,

For fast prototyping and test purposes I am trying to simulate the responses of various devices
(web cameras with embedded web servers) by using Tomcat.
The problem I have is that Tomcat (5.5.17) seems to add by default the following headers to
the HTTP/1.1 200 OK response:

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:53:33 GMT

These headers are not included by the various embedded devices I am trying to simulate.

As the HttpServletResponse class does not have a removeHeader method (only add... And set...)
I am stuck.

I have tried to look into the use of Filters but to my understanding the Filter also relies
on the methods of
HttpServletResponse for manipulation of the response object.

Can Tomcat in any way be configured to not include the headers ?
Are there any other way to remove the headers ?

Geir :-)