tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Böhringer Jochen <Jochen.Boehrin...@tcc-products.de>
Subject AW: Executing Valve before Basic Authentication takes place
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:46:10 GMT

Hi Mark,

thanks for your hint. I configured the the BasicAuthentication valve an my own one in the
following order in the server.xml document:

         <Host name="localhost"
            autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" deployXML="false">

            <Valve className="de.tccproducts.valves.PenFrameworkAuthenticationValve" />

         	<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator" />

But unfortunately I get this exception starting the app server:

	at org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.callMethod1(IntrospectionUtils.java:890)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetNextRule.end(SetNextRule.java:192)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Rule.end(Rule.java:228)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1057)
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Configuration error:  Must be attached to a
Context
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.setContainer(AuthenticatorBase.java:258)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.addValve(StandardPipeline.java:435)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addValve(ContainerBase.java:1184)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jochen