tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raju Balugu" <raju.bal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SPAM:] - tomcat , wondoze , Unable to find a javac compiler; - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:10:31 GMT
Hi My comments in line with <<>>

On 7/28/06, Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov> wrote:

> From the Tomcat 5.0 setup page:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/setup.html
>

> "Java location: The installer will use the registry or the JAVA_HOME
> environment variable to determine the base path of the JDK or a JRE. If
> only a JRE (or an incorrect path) is specified, Tomcat will run but will
> be unable to compile JSP pages at runtime. Either all webapps will need
> to be precompiled (this can be easily done using the Tomcat deployer),
> or the lib\tools.jar file from a JDK installation must be copied to the
> common\lib path of the Tomcat installation."
>
> Using the JAVA_HOME on my windoze box didn't work and I ultimately
> copied the tools.jar file, which worked.  Now I just have to remember I
> did that in the future.
>
> Leo D

<<try to remove the spaces in program files (lets say
progra~1\java\jdk1.5.0_04)
and also copy the tools.jar file which is stated in above>>

<<Now its going to compile the jsp files default jdk1.5(lets say u have the
jdk1.4 ,u can make use of that also by setting the web.xml file compiler
entry>>

Regards
Raju

so what have i missed