tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Collett <dana...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Frustrated by NoClassDefFound errors
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:44:41 GMT
On Jul 14, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Boris Unckel wrote:
> The vendor given JDBC-driver requires AspectJ? Which DataBase,
> which driver? (this is just for my personal interest).

It's the standard MySQL driver.  If there's a way to get it to work
without AspectJ, I'm all ears...I'm still pretty new at this (and was
even moreso when I first started using the MySQL JDBC drivers...), so
I may be doing some things the hard way.

>> Also, what I'm developing at the moment is intended to be a
>> framework that can be used by multiple webapps at once, so common/
>> lib or shared/lib seemed to make sense...
> Even framework JARs should be deployed with the independent webapp.
> Diskspace or ease of deployment are less important than errors
> resulting from ClassLoader problems.

That's certainly true.  At the moment, I have my .java/.class files
there for ease of development (not having to worry about just which
copy of the file I'm editing...); however, if putting it all in the
webapp will solve some problems...

>> However, even placing AspectJ in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib
>> directory gives me the same error.
> Did you put everything or just AspectJ in webapp's WEB-INF/lib
> directory? Please have a try with everything.

By "everything" do you mean the JDBC driver as well?  OK, I'll go try
that...

Hey, whaddaya know, that time it worked :-)

Well, that's very interesting...not least because everything was
working perfectly until a few days ago with the setup I described
earlier.  Perhaps I need to experiment with various combinations...

Thanks a lot!

Timothy Collett

--

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
--Albert Einstein