tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mead, Jennifer L - VSCM" <Mead.Jenni...@vectorscm.com>
Subject RE: Run shell script when web application start/restart
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:55:08 GMT
On my box the start and stop scripts are just that.  .sh shell scripts.
In your case I would just copy them to a save file and put in an
execution string.  The start scripts are in tomcat_home/bin.

Jen

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Potter [mailto:nullpointer.gpf@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:28 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Run shell script when web application start/restart

The JSP pages in the Web application I install under Tomcat 4.1.30 are
based on some configuration files the user wants to modify, thus I wrote
a shell script to rebuild the JSP pages and repopulate the webapps
folder.

My question is that is there a way to hook up my shell script with the
webapp start/stop proces so it would run at every startup, in other
words the user would activate my script by restarting the application ?

Thanks
Thomas