tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DK <dubba...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat and MySQL error
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 04:06:05 GMT

Hello all, I am new to this configuration and working on an exisitng website
with MySQL database.

There is a change in the domain name / IP address and after the change in IP
address I am not able to connect to the database and I get this error when
tomcat is started.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot connect to MySQL server on
www.old-domain.com:3306. Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port
you are trying to connect to? (java.net.ConnectException)

My MySQL is working fine on port 3306 - I am able to connect to the database
from the command prompt

I do not know which file I should edit and update with the new IP address /
domain name in place of www.old-domain.com, so that tomcat connects to the
database with new domain name, when tomcat is started

Any help is appreciated !