tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tomjerry <psni...@indiatimes.com>
Subject Deploying web application thats not located in the webapps directory
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:19:37 GMT

How can I deploy a web application that's not located in the webapps
directory in tomcat.My scenario is I have my app sitting in my folder say
"C:\myfolder\myapp".

I have installed tomcat 4.1 on C:\myfolder. I have modified the server.xml
file
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="c:\myfolder\myapp\webapp" debug="0"
                 privileged="true" workDir="c:\myfolder\myapp\tomcatwork" >

Where webapp are where my jsp and images reside.
And tomcatwork is where my classes reside.

Is there any other modification I need to do inorder to run a web app which
is not sitting in the webapps folder of TOmcat 4.1.

I will really appreciate your help, as I am struggling with it for the past
2 weeks.

Thanks!