tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Potter" <nullpointer....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run shell script when web application start/restart
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:58:38 GMT
The reason for me choosing the first, messy solution was that
this had to be a quick fix, rewriting the logic in the JSP pages
was out of the question (and way above the allocated budget ;) ).

Of course I had the shell scripts and configuration files so it
seemed just the right solution to  use these tools in the startup
process of the webapp.

It seems that I can convince the cusomer to just run the shell
scripts that modify(actually generate) the JSP pages but then I face
an other problem. After generating and copying the JSP pages in the
right place how can I tell tomcat (from the shell script) to restart
the application (or to recompile the pages) ?

Rgds
Thomas