tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Memory Status?
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:50:54 GMT
On 7/22/06, Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Another poster suggested that you increase your max heap size. That is
> reasonable if your application actually needs more memory to function
> normally. I encourage you to analyze your memory needs and possibly
> increase the heap size to meet those needs. But, don't just jack up the
> heap size because you are running out of memory; you might have a
> resource leak

...though the original poster said his app *wasn't deployed*.

A fresh install of 5.5.17 with *no* contexts other than the manager --
started up with default catalina.sh script -- starts with:

Free memory: 1.40 MB Total memory: 4.93 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB

I doubt anyone will get much of an application to run in that available free
space. Hence my suggestion that the 64Mb default is pretty useless  :-)

YMMV,