tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <>
Subject Re: The requested resource is not available
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:38:06 GMT
On 7/18/06, Darren Hall <> wrote:

> <!-- Controller Servlet Configuration -->
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>controller</servlet-name>
> <servlet-class></servlet-class>
> </servlet>
> <!-- Controller Servlet Mapping -->
> <servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-name>controller</servlet-name>
> <url-pattern>/abc</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>

> Also I've tried hitting the servlet directly by pointing my browser
> to http://localhost:8080/abc and I get the same "The requested resource
> (/abc) is not available" error.

Since it doesn't work with Tomcat standalone, you Apache conf stuff
is irrelevant. The Context configuration would be helpful, though.

But if the above url-pattern is in a Context with path '/abc', then you're
telling it to give everything that looks like 'http://localhost:8080/abc/abc'
to your control servlet, which probably isn't what you want...  :-)

Or there's something else broken in your Context, and that should be
indicated in your logs at startup.

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: