tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <>
Subject Re: cluster manual
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:19:23 GMT
On 7/5/06, MW Janssen <> wrote:

> Can you send how you did it? I mean what is your server.xml settings, how
> did you install the different tomcat instances (shared catalina_home
> possible??) etc.

OK, I already had two test instances of 5.5.17 running on separate
machines, using Apache 2.2.2 + mod_proxy_ajp for balancing, so
essentially all I did was paste back in the <Cluster> stuff from the
sample server.xml file in the distribution, add 'distributable' to each
web.xml, turn on multicast on both systems, and restart.

Seriously, as Tim said, the how-to and the comments in server.xml
are all you really need...

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: