tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <>
Subject Re: Serving CSS files from a certain URL
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:35:13 GMT
On 7/4/06, Alec Swan <> wrote:

> I need to reference Styles.css from Test.jsp in such a way that it works in static as
well as in deployed mode. Note that for this to work in the static mode (no web servers or
servlet containers) all paths should be relative. Therefore, when I deploy Test.jsp I want
Tomcat either to handle relative paths correctly or ignore the path altogether and just serve
all CSS file from a certain location (directory or URL).
> The goal of all this is to maintain only one source tree used by web designers and Tomcat
administrator and avoid changing paths in JSP files during deployment.
> I would appreciate any feedback on this.

OK, since you asked :-)  -- this seems a really strange requirement;
are your "web designers" unable to run a Tomcat instance to work

But in any case, using relative links to a css file works fine on a test
page I just did that mirrors your described files. So *exactly* how is
this not working for you?

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: