tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <>
Subject Re: OS X Server - Enable Tomcat for JSPs only
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 21:33:36 GMT
On 7/3/06, Tom Jacobs <> wrote:
> I want to configure my Mac OS X Server 10.4 so Tomcat handles JSPs,
> but Apache serves normal content (including PHP, CGI, and so on),

> I've Googled extensively and tried many approaches,

such as?

>                                                                            but without
> success. Many of the suggestions I've found either apply to OS X (not
> Server), irrelevant distinction, I'd imagine -- what's so different?

>               or are several years old and probably obsolete. It seems
> like someone should have already invented this wheel but I can't find
> the evidence.

If you must use an old Apache httpd, use mod_jk to connect to Tomcat;
otherwise use httpd 2.2 and mod_proxy_ajp. Between the Tomcat docs
and a bit of googling, you should be good to go.

If not, tell us what you *have* tried and exactly how it "didn't work"...

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: