tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Galam <galam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getSession() creates new session every time when using IE6
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 02:04:12 GMT
Hi Len,

Thanks for trying the test page.

I figured out the problem now. It was because the URL I used to visit the
web pages.

Previously, I used the machine's hostname in the URL. Now, I change it to
use localhost and it is fine.
i.e.

http://serverone:8080/app01/hello.jsp   (bad, getSession() return new
session every time)
http://localhost:8080/app01/hello.jsp  (okay).

I think for some reason, the hostname in the URL has to match the name of
the host specified in the <Host...> section of the server.xml. Otherwise,
IE6 won't be able to set the cookie correctly.

Galam.