tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mani Balasubramani" <>
Subject ResponseWrapper and sendRedirect not working
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:02:34 GMT

      Here is the scenario.

In my filter I do the following

     MyRequestWrapper reqWrapper = new MyRequestWrapper(servletRequest);

     MyResponseWrapper respWrapper = new

     //get cookie from request and decrypt it.

     chain.doFilter(reqWrapper, respWrapper);

     //create a cookie an encrypt it

     respWrapper.addCookie(NAME, encrypt(myobj));

The servlet class checks, if the user is authenticated using a variety
of conditions. If the user is not authenticated, then the servlet sends
a redirect to the login page.

When debugging using Eclipse, I can see that my response wrapper class
has the redirect url ( set in it. But I never see
the login page on my browser. Should I implement any special methods in
my wrapper which is currently an empty class?

This email and any attachment(s) thereto, are intended for the use of
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and or
confidential information under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachment(s)
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender at 415-281-2200 or via return e-mail at and permanently delete the original copy and
any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you for your

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message