tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Servlet/session becoming null
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:11:22 GMT
if you are saying the tomcat session is dropped then, two reasons could be:

1. the session cookie is dropped
2. the session has expired (been idle longer than your timeout setting)

but your stack trace show TransactionSession, and it could be that your
TransactionSession is holding a reference to the Tomcat session,
but the reference it is actually holding is a facade object, and the
facade loses it connection to the delegate, hence the facade method.

Make sure you always get your reference to the session using the servlet
API, and do NOT store a reference to it, as it is not the real session,
just a facade object.

Filip