tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat not accesible (timeout)
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:46:17 GMT
heinz rübezahl wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have installed tomcat on a linux server. it runs (accourding to log catalina.out) but
if i try to contact it via a browser i get nothing within the first 5 minutes and after some
more time i'm getting a time out.
> What could be the problem? I would be really thankful for some help.
> Regards Christian

With the minimal information you provided it is difficult to anything
other than make a few guesses. Here goes:
Firewall configuration?
Trying to access the wrong port?

If you want a more useful response I suggest providing at least the
following:

- What URL are you requesting?
- Any relevant error messages from the logs
- Tomcat version
- Any configuration changes you have made from the out of the box setup.

Mark