tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikita Tovstoles <nik...@doppelganger.com>
Subject PUT or POST?
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:34:50 GMT
    We have a webapp that needs to support binary updloads from a remove
fat client: if our client crashes we'd like it to automatically "send" a
zipped log file to our web application. the delivered file would NOT be
stored in Tomcat server's file system - but inserted into db.

Apparently our fat client can issue either a POST or a PUT request. The
client developer has a slight preference for PUT. I must admit to not
being familiar with HTTP PUTs - are there any downside to using PUTs
(aside from having to override doPut())?

thanks
-nikita