tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: File Writing Permission Problem with Tomcat
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:12:09 GMT
Li,

> The exception is FileNotFoundException (Permission Denied)
>
> If the path is not correct, it should not have "Permission Denied" message.
>
> What i found here is:
> - when i catched the uploaded file in mem and trying to create a
> FileInputStream along with the path "/var/../../target_dir", it failed cuz
> the stream unable to be created, and then it threw a error said
> "FileNotFound..."

ok.

> - if it is the problem about path or context path, i tested in windows, and
> there is no problem.

So, this works on Windows, but not on UNIX?

> the path i defined for windows env is like  "c:\Apache\httpdocs\temp\". if
> the app uses context path for that, it should failed cuz the path will be
> concerted to "<my app root dir>\c:\........\temp\", but it was successful.

On your UNIX box, can you "su" to the tomcat user and try to create
files in the target directory? If that doesn't work, then you have a
file permission problem.

In your original message, it looked like you had covered all the bases,
so I'm pretty much guessing at this point.

-chris