tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Unavailabe to retrieve the list of portlets
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:19:25 GMT
Keyur,

> I wanted to make the tomcat container secure. So I converted the http
> to https by generating self signed certificate.

[snip]

> [gridsphere portal] was unable to show the list of portlets
> running which it was previously showing before making the tomcat
> container secure.

When using a self-signed certificate, you often have problems where Java
HTTPS requests encounter an invalid certificate problem. This is
probably what is happening here.

Since your cert is self-signed, it is not trusted by Java. You need to
use 'keytool' to import your certificate into your keystore. I'm sure
the online Tomcat documentation covers this.

-chris