tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Madhur K Tanwani <>
Subject Re: Tomcat and MySQL error
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 04:57:40 GMT
I'm not sure if you asked the question at the right place.

Anyways, I think there would be some configuration file / code snippet
which uses the
"" while forming the connection URL, which is
passed to the

Hope it helps,

DK wrote:
> Hello all, I am new to this configuration and working on an exisitng website
> with MySQL database.
> There is a change in the domain name / IP address and after the change in IP
> address I am not able to connect to the database and I get this error when
> tomcat is started.
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot connect to MySQL server on
> Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port
> you are trying to connect to? (
> My MySQL is working fine on port 3306 - I am able to connect to the database
> from the command prompt
> I do not know which file I should edit and update with the new IP address /
> domain name in place of, so that tomcat connects to the
> database with new domain name, when tomcat is started
> Any help is appreciated !

Madhur Kumar Tanwani
Ph.: 0253-5614792.
+  A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station
+ is where train stops. On my desk, I have a work station...
+ What more can I say !

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: