tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Daly <d...@ctc.com>
Subject Re: java.util.PropertyPermission
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:03:32 GMT
Sure.  I have the following in my policy file:

// ========== DHS ==========
grant codeBase "file:/usr/local/apache/vhosts/www/webapp/DHS/-"
{
  // Runtime permissions
  permission java.util.PropertyPermission "*", "read,write";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "accessDeclaredMembers";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "defineClassInPackage.java.lang";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "stopThread";
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "setContextClassLoader";
  permission java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks";
};

Yet, in catalina.out, I see:

access: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
log4j.defaultInitOverride read)
--

Martin Gainty wrote:
> can you provide the specific example where a webapp doesnt apply permissions from catalina.policy

> M-
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please notify

overrides your separate setting?