tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Kojo Ampia - Addison <j...@jojoaddison.net>
Subject Re. Tomcat v. 5.5.17
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:00:39 GMT
Mr. Steve R. Burrus wrote:
> Hello all. I have been having/encountering some difficulties in being
> able to activate the 5.5.17 version of the Tomcat server! Now at the
> top of the DOS window it is indicated  that I don't have the proper
> Library path installed for Tomcat activation. Here is part of the
> error message : >>"INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows
> optimal performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:"<< Now what could the problem be?

There is a tool called APR on the tomcat.apache.org site.
Find this tool and install it for your OS.
Next look for a file called tomcat-native or so from the tomcat
repository and install this as well.
There are instructions on the Tomcat site for doing this.
Next just add the path to the apr/lib to the tomcat start up libraries
and you're done.
I have done it on Linux Fedora Core 5 and don't know much about doing
the same in windows but I hope this helps!