tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: ResponseWrapper and sendRedirect not working
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:53:28 GMT
Mani,

> What happens is that the login page is never displayed. I have validated
> the flow (using debugger) and it seems to be correct.
>
> So I was wondering if a response wrapper needs to do anything special in
> order to do a redirect.

Your wrapper looks okay to me, except that perhaps adding a cookie after
the response has been formed (i.e. the actual text has been written to
the stream) could cause a "Response Already Committed" error -- though I
think you'd get an exception in that case.

How do you perform the redirect? Can you confirm that the redirect is
being /attempted/ even if the browser is not actually going there?

-chris