tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <>
Subject Re: Help needed HTTP response header
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:25:06 GMT
Don't think that's possible in a version of tomcat as old as the one you
are using.  I believe that feature was added to the connectors in tomcat
5.0.x or tomcat 5.5.x.  To get what you want in such an old (-cough-
ancient) version of tomcat would probably require altering the source
code and rebuilding.

Surya Bob wrote:

>Hi all,
>  I am trying to tighten up our Apache and Tomcat implementation. I
>to suppress server type and version to make fingerprinting harder.
>  HTTP response header
>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 17:49:51 GMT
>Server: XXXXXXX
>Set-Cookie2: JSESSIONID=naa2in3fj1;Version=1;Discard;Path="/"
>Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=naa2in3fj1;Path=/
>Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.3 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java
>  How can i hide the server would be great if someone
>can Help me in this
>  Thanks
>  Sbob.
>Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message