tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Memory Status?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:33:33 GMT
Hi OP,

They probably mean what they say ;)
See the jdk javadocs for the System/Runtime classes.

The Free Memory stat often causes confusion initially. It's the free
memory in the block of RAM currently assigned to the JVM.
So, it looks like at startup Tomcat is assigned 8Mb under your JVM on
Win95. The max the JVM is set to use is 64Mb, meaning you really had
~58Mb free at the time of the snapshot.

How much physical memory do you have in the box?
You can tweak the maximum available memory using JAVA_OPTS

http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/memory.html#adjust

HTH,

Jon