tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Yarrow <yar...@best.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk vs. mod_proxy_ajp
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:20:51 GMT
Hello Greg

Glad you wrote this.  I also found mod_proxy simple to set up and
versatile (can also be used with a package such as mod_proxy_html
 - http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/ - for even greater
flexibility.)

According to a benchmark I saw (sorry, can't remember where)
the specialized connectors such as mod_jk are about
1.5 times the speed of mod_proxy.  This speed differential may
be a consequential performance factor for some, but for our needs,
the simplicity of mod_proxy usage is a major factor.

Maurice Yarrow