tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Database Connection Error Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:05:42 GMT
java.security.AccessControlException indicates you are running tomcat
with the security manager.  You'll need to edit your catalina.policy
file to allow this connection.  The policy file itself has a number of
examples, here's just one modified to your situation below:

grant codebase
"jar:file:${catalina.home}/common/lib/mysql-connector-java-3.14.jar!/-" {
    permission java.net.SocketPermission "127.0.0.1:3306", "connect" ;
}

--David