tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Boris Unckel <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Frustrated by NoClassDefFound errors
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:15:54 GMT
Hello,
Timothy Collett wrote:
> On Jul 14, 2006, at 4:45 AM, Boris Unckel wrote:
>> The usage of common/lib or common/shared is generally not a good idea
>> if you are not forced to do it (i.E. a JDBC-Driver).
>> Does AspectJ have the requirement to be in common/lib or shared/lib?
>> If not, try to put everything in your webapps/WEB-INF/lib directory.
>> Even if this would mean to duplicate it for several webapps.
>> Please give feedback for the results (in positive and negative case)
>
> AspectJ is, in fact, required for my JDBC driver (at least, so it
> appears).
The vendor given JDBC-driver requires AspectJ? Which DataBase, which
driver? (this is just for my personal interest).
> Also, what I'm developing at the moment is intended to be a framework
> that can be used by multiple webapps at once, so common/lib or
> shared/lib seemed to make sense...
Even framework JARs should be deployed with the independent webapp.
Diskspace or ease of deployment are less important than errors resulting
from ClassLoader problems.

> However, even placing AspectJ in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory
> gives me the same error.
Did you put everything or just AspectJ in webapp's WEB-INF/lib
directory? Please have a try with everything.

Regards
Boris