tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 503 - Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently unavailable
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:48:37 GMT
There has to be some messages about the admin webapp.  The only way to
not have any is if admin.xml is not stored in the correct place.  Even
bad permissions should generate an exception of some sort attempting to
read it.  So to recap, here's how your file structure looks and all the
permissions are set correctly?:

/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9
    - conf
        - Catalina
            - localhost
                ROOT.xml
                manager.xml
                admin.xml (hopefully the original as provided by the
downloaded admin webapp distribution)
    - server
        - lib
            [server jar files here]
        - webapps
            manager
            admin
    - webapps
        - ROOT

Admittedly I've abbreviated and not included some directories.  Also, do
you have a catalina.out log file?  What does that show.

--David