tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Giorgio Ponza <gior...@opla.it>
Subject Re: Bug in c:url taglib
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:16:18 GMT
Hi Martyn
This is not a bug but a "feature". Infact when you specify an absolute
path for the "value" attribute, the JSTL will prepend it with the
"context" of the web-app. In your case, i think you have a context with
path "/" in your server.xml (or context.xml etc)

 From the spec, section 7.5:

   The URL must be either an absolute URL starting with a scheme
   (e.g. "http:// server/context/page.jsp") or a relative URL as
   defined by JSP 1.2 in JSP.2.2.1 "Relative URL Specification". As a
   consequence, an implementation must prepend the context path to a
   URL that starts with a slash (e.g. "/page2.jsp") so that such URLs
   can be properly interpreted by a client browser.

You should use relative paths to avoid it :D
Bye

Giorgio Ponza