tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 503 - Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently unavailable
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:58:01 GMT
I also don't see even one reference to the admin webapp.  This tells me
something fishy is going on.

Try this:

First, I see you copied the admin webapp to server/webapps instead of
moving it.  Delete the admin webapp in
/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps.  It's just going to be
confusing to leave a copy there (for both you and tomcat).

Second, there should be an admin.xml file in the same archive you got
the admin webapp from.  That should be placed in
/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/conf/Catalina/localhost right
along side manager.xml.

Now restart tomcat and take a look for messages related to the admin webapp.

--David