tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martyn Hiemstra <mar...@hi-ss.nl>
Subject Bug in c:url taglib
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:55:59 GMT
Hi All

I am having a problem with Tomcat 5.0.28. I designed a website a few
months ago and I started working on it again. I cant remember what
version Tomcat I designed it in but now I'm trying Tomcat 5.0.28.

When I deploy my website everything deploys perfectly. When i view the
page it's white as if there is no style. I then viewed the source and I
saw this:

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="//displayThemeCss" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="//displayModuleCss" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="//displaySystemModulesCss"
type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="//core/css/common.css" type="text/css" />

The source code in my jsp file is this:

        <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="/displayThemeCss" />"
type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="/displayModuleCss"
/>" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url
value="/displaySystemModulesCss" />" type="text/css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="<c:url value="/core/css/common.css"
/>" type="text/css" />

As you can see the c:url tag messes up the url by adding 2 forward
slahes. This makes the browser think that it shoulod load the style
sheets from the server displayThemeCss, displayModuleCss etc

I beleive this to be a bug in the class that formats the url. Does
anybody know how to solve this.

Thanks in advance,
Martyn