tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Simple question, but can't figure out answer
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:34:31 GMT
Hi.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while this morning.  Here's a few
things you might want to consider....

1. Your perl script to serve up images is pulling from /images according
to what was posted.  Given that perl probably isn't chrooted to the
directory your webapp is in, the image you are trying to access needs to
be at /images/icc-logo.gif relative to the unix filesystem root, not
tomcat's webapps/ROOT or any other webapps folder.

2. If you drop the HTML page test and just attempt to access the image
directly via http://localhost/path/to/image.gif, what error do you get?

3. I take it you have the perl script for serving up images mapped to
icc-logo.gif somehow in your config?  I'd be interested to see that part
of your setup.

--David