tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Avi Deitcher <>
Subject Re: forwarding to a remote host
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:38:18 GMT
- In the same host & context, use RequestDispatcher.forward()
- In the same host but different context, if cross-context enabled, get
the RequestDispatcher for that context then use forward()
- Different host entirely, or cross-context not enabled, you will
probably need to rebuild the request. I usually use the Jakarta Commons
HTTPClient for this. Check out

Anyone have a better suggestion?

Zohar wrote:

>Hello list,
>I have a servlet that handles POST requests. Sometimes the request needs to be forwarded
to a different servlet, which may be running on a different server. What is the best way to
do that?

Avi Deitcher

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: