tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Echerer <m...@tngtech.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 Load Balancing Rule Classes
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:03:53 GMT
See: http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
See: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html

> On another note, I wanted to ask the clustering and load-balancing gurus,
> whether I've taken up the correct approach. I see that many load balancing
> tutorials focus on Apache as the load balancer with Tomcat as the worker
> in clusters. But since most of them are old, I assume the new Tomcat 5.5
> features did not make it then - hence the question.
You can use Apache2, mod_jk1.2 and Tomcat's session replication for what
you plan to do. However session replication looks as easy as putting
<distributable/> into web.xml, but actually keeping the webapp session
serializable and small has to be kept in mind always.

Cheers,
Michael