tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Authentication problem -> request.getRemoteUser() returns null
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 01:13:43 GMT
The connector receiving requests from httpd needs the attribute
tomcatAuthentication set to "false" in server.xml. Otherwise tomcat will
ignore the REMOTE-USER header provided by httpd.

-- David

Oliver Enders wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I have the following constelation:
>
> Windows XP
> Apache 2.0.58
> Tomcat 4.1
> Mod_jk 1.2.15
>
> I secured one directory using htpasswd.
> Calling the URL, the prompt to enter password and username pops up, and after I entered
it correctly, the authentication ist succesfull. (also the apache log file contains the username).

> But I canĀ“t read out teh remote user using JSP / request.getRemoteUser() it returns
null.

> So the authentication againts apache is ok but, how can I get the infomation into my
JSP-Pages ?

--
David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor