tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Boris Unckel <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Suppressing log output to ERROR
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 20:08:15 GMT
Hi Garth,

Garth Patil wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to limit the logging output to catalina.out by the
> org.apache.catalina.core classes to only ERROR and FATAL. I changed
> the value of
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].level
> to ERROR, but there was no effect. What am I missing?
> Best,
> Garth
I am assuming Tomcat 5.5.17:

tomcat_root\conf\logging.properties
original:
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = catalina.

set
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = SEVERE

Regards
Boris