tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Avi Deitcher <...@deitcher.net>
Subject Re: log4j in webapp hanging Tomcat?
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:17:11 GMT
Boris,

Thank you, too. The main issue here is that I *do* want to separate my
webapp's logging from Tomcat's, so it can be fully self-contained.
Hence, I included log4j.jar and log4j.properties within my own webapp,
which should make a lot of sense. In the development case, I am pushing
the logs to the console, which end up intermixes with Tomcat's logs, but
that is an easy switch in log4j.properties. Also, it appears that
x4juli, according to the Website, is not quite ready for production.

Any idea why this would cause hanging?
Avi