tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "0 8" <0112...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I create and re-create an object for the entire application?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:38:02 GMT
Hi,

I've created a ServletContextListener object to run a piece of code
once a web app of mine starts up -- and thanks to this list for
pointing me in that direction. The core code is pretty simple:

ClientServices cs =
com.mycompany.searchapp.ClientServicesFactory.getInstance("RMI",
parms); // Get the ClientServices
cs.Login(strDomain, strUser, strPassword); // Login

But, the login will expire after 30 minutes and I cannot change that.

How do I recreate the login after it expires?

If I have to re-create it at the JSP level, that's fine.  But, in that
case, how can I store it so all users who use a particular JSP will
use the same login?

Thanks!