tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L" <barry.l.pro...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Memory Status?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:44:50 GMT
MB???? Not GB? How are you even running Win 95 with 63.56MB? That's not enough swap space for
anything is it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamigin Gamigin [mailto:gamigin@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 5:13 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat Memory Status?

I've been having OutOfMemory problems and I've been watching the
"Server Status" section under Tomcat Manager. Immediately after
starting Tomcat (with my main application undeployed) I see:

Free memory: 2.17 MB Total memory: 5.84 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB

Can anyone explain what these numbers mean? I can't find any
explanation in the Tomcat documentation. What is the difference
between Total memory and Max memory? Free memory is a lot lower than
expected for just starting the server. I can't only have 2MB available
after starting the server and not even running my application.