tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L" <barry.l.pro...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Symbolic link for welcome file???
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:01:49 GMT
maybe it needs a pragma-cache reference in a meta tag within the HTML file?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mann, Bradley [mailto:bmann04@harris.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 6:14 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Symbolic link for welcome file???

I'm experiencing some strange behavior when setting a symbolic link as a
welcome file. In my document root, my index.html is a symbolic link to
another file. This link changes depending on the status of our server.
When I access the file directly through the browser URL, it functions
normally. However, when I attempt to navigate to the directory that
contains this symbolic link, it seems to not load the correct version of
the file (almost like what it loads has been cached). I have cleared my
browser cache and it does not help. Any ideas about this?

Thanks,

Brad Mann
Software Engineer - Information Access Services
HARRIS Corporation / GCSD
(321) 984-6292