tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McRaven, Brian" <bm185...@ncr.com>
Subject RE: Accessing a servlet
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:13:41 GMT
OK so now I have this:

action="JustALittleTest/firstpack/JustALittleTest"

For a web.xml of file of:

    <servlet>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>firstpack.JustALittleTest</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/firstpack/JustALittleTest</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

And I get requested resource not found.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:05 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Accessing a servlet

check your ./WEB-INF/web.xml
 <servlet>
      <servlet-name>FooServlet</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>FooServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
 <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>FooServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/Foo</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

reference to invoke is
ServletServletNameFromWeb.xml/Url-patternFromActionMapping
e.g.
FooServlet/servlet/Foo

Martin--
This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.

If the url-pattern should be /firstpack/JustALittleTest then should the
form on the JSP refer to action="firstpack.JustALittleTest" or
action="firstpack/JustALittleTest" ?

Brian

When I use this entry I get a request resource not found error.

    <servlet>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>firstpack.JustALittleTest</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/firstpack/JustALittleTest</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Under the previous error to this one I was using an entry of:

    <servlet>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>JustALittleTest</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/firstpack.JustALittleTest</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

With the following entry:

    <servlet>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>firstpack.JustALittleTest</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>JustALittleTest</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/firstpack.JustALittleTest</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

I get an error of 'Error allocating a servlet instance'

Brian